No co-ordination required to finish this ride. You only get fit for Spin by doing spin – so take control and sweat your way to new levels of fitness. Lunchtime classes are 45mins. All others are 50mins. Spin Enduro (offered occasionally) is 75 or 90 mins.
Costs (additional to membership or casual entry fee)
$3 per class (member)
$13 per class (non member)
$27 for 10 concession card (members only or can be used in conjunction with casual entry or casual concession)
What to expect from a typical Spin Class
Party lights, amping music and a GREAT workout! You choose the intensity with your resistance dial, but be guided by the instructor as much as you can. It’s down to you – dial the effort up to get results, or dial it back to recover.
Every instructor has their own unique style and musical choices, so it pays to try a few out and see who you fit with best..and remember, this could change over time as you gain more experience and fitness.
At your first Spin class
- Arrive 15mins early!! This is crucial – we need a bit of time to help set your bike up for you.
- Don’t expect to be able to cycle as fast as everyone else – it takes time to build leg pace
- Expect to feel exhausted – in a nice way! It takes practice to understand the intensity to ride at.
- You are in charge of your workout – the instructor simply provides the moves and motivation.
- At no time during a class will an instructor touch your resistance dial – only you decide to work harder or easier
Benefits of participating in Spin
- Gain leg strength and muscular endurance without gaining bulk
- Increase your cardiovascular fitness and burn fat
- Tone and shape your legs and butt
How often should you attend Spin?
As often as you like. You’ll get awesome results from 3 classes per week.