Sport Science Centre Overview
The Sport Science Centre (SSC) at the University of Canterbury can help you achieve your sporting or fitness goals faster and more efficiently. Our accredited and experienced Sport Scientists have worked with a diverse range of athletes, beginner through elite, from various sports. Ask us how which of our services could help you improve your times, strength or technique.
- Fitness testing - laboratory or field based
- General fitness assessment/screening
- Anthropometry - body composition analysis
- Programming - strength, power, speed and aerobic fitness
- Game Analysis for Team Sport
- Technique Analysis (video) in Sport
“You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get”.
Michael Phelps, Swimming Champion (16 Olympic medals - six gold and two bronze at Athens in 2004, and eight gold at Beijing in 2008).